Next week Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2014 will take place in Barcelona, Spain. Since Barcelona is my hometown, it’s always a great opportunity to meet with industry friends and enjoy some local spots together.
Many webrtcHackers will be in Barcelona for the event, so we are organizing a meetup next Tuesday at 6PM CET. This event will be largely a social meet & greet but we will have some structured conversation to discuss the latest in WebRTC and developer needs. We will update with exact location details within the Fira Gran Via prior to the event but we will likely meet in one of the food court areas between center the exhibit halls.
If you will be in Barcelona for MWC and would like to attend please register for the meetup here.
Unfortunately we don’t have a sponsor for the event so we won’t be able to provide t-shirts or drinks, however we are providing some stickers 😉
If this goes well then we will do more of these – maybe even virtual ones.
- Mobile World Congress (February 17-20, Barcelona): Chad, Reid and Victor will be there, you can find them in Dialogic, Oracle and Quobis‘ booths respectively.
- IETF 89 (March 2-7, London): as usual, Victor will be co-chairing the STRAW WG session and participating in SIP and WebRTC related discussions. This edition, he will also present a proposal on how to use BFCP in WebRTC-based conferencing scenarios – this is interesting in scenarios where interworking towards legacy IMS/SIP networks is required.
- Enterprise Connect (March 17-20, Orlando): Chad will be there for the WebRTC Conference and on stage doing a demo
- Monetising OTT Services (March 24-26, London): Victor will attend this event and lead a pre-conference workshop on Telco-OTT, including a WebRTC tutorial.
- WebRTC Global Summit (April 1-2, London): Victor will be part of the analyst breakfast briefing sessions and participate in a couple of panels related to WebRTC and associated challenges in mobile environments. Chad will likely be there too.
- IMS World Forum (29 April – 1 May, Barcelona): In this occasion, Victor will present a couple of use cases (and lessons learned) of Tier 1 operators delivering IMS services over the new WebRTC domain.
See you next week in Barcelona!
P.S. Sorry we have been caught up with our day jobs and have not had a post for a couple of weeks. We have a bunch of great new content in the works and will be back on schedule soon.