- Guide to WebRTC with Safari in the Wild (Chad Phillips)
- How Zoom’s web client avoids using WebRTC
- Finding the Warts in WebAssembly+WebRTC
- Computer Vision on the Web with WebRTC and TensorFlow
- AIY Vision Kit Part 1: TensorFlow Computer Vision on a Raspberry Pi Zero
- How to Figure Out WebRTC Camera Resolutions
- Breaking Point: WebRTC SFU Load Testing (Alex Gouaillard)
webrtcH4cKS: ~ Finding the Warts in WebAssembly+WebRTC
A while ago we looked at how Zoom was avoiding WebRTC by using WebAssembly to ship their own audio and video codecs instead of using the ones built into the browser’s WebRTC. I found an interesting branch in Google’s main (and sadly mostly abandoned) WebRTC sample application apprtc this past January. The branch is named wartc… a name which is going to stick as warts!
The repo contains a number of experiments related to compiling the webrtc.org library as WebAssembly and evaluating the performance. From the rapid timeline, this looks to have been a hackathon project.