- Build your own phone company with WebRTC and a weekend 20,310 views
- WebRTC Developer Tool Vendor Directory 15,756 views
- How to Figure Out WebRTC Camera Resolutions 15,298 views
- How does Hangouts use WebRTC? webrtc-internals analysis 15,043 views
- Anatomy of a WebRTC SDP 11,010 views
- What’s up with WhatsApp and WebRTC? 10,984 views
- WebRTC MUST implement DTLS-SRTP but… MUST NOT implement SDES? 10,510 views
webrtcH4cKS: ~ Why put WebRTC in Webkit? Q&A with the webrtcinwebkit team
The world of browsers and how they work is both complex and fascinating. For those that are new to the browser engine landscape, Google, Apple, and many others collaborated on an open source web rendering engine for many years known as WebKit. WebKit has active community with many less well known browsers that use it, so the WebKit community was shocked when Google announced they would fork WebKit into a new engine for Chrome called Blink.
Emphasis for implementing WebRTC shifted with Google into Blink at the expense of WebKit. To date, Apple has not given any indications it was going to add WebRTC into WebKit (see this post for an idea on nudging them). This is not good for the eclectic WebKit development community that would like to start working with WebRTC or those hoping for WebRTC support in Apple’s browsers.