- Dear NY Times, if you’re going to hack people, at least do it cleanly! 37,709 views
- Build your own phone company with WebRTC and a weekend 32,776 views
- How to Figure Out WebRTC Camera Resolutions 23,204 views
- How does Hangouts use WebRTC? webrtc-internals analysis 22,707 views
- WebRTC Developer Tool Vendor Directory 22,098 views
- Anatomy of a WebRTC SDP 17,896 views
- What’s up with WhatsApp and WebRTC? 16,970 views
webrtcH4cKS: ~ OMG WebRTC is tracking me! Or is it?
There has been more noise about WebRTC making it possible to track users. We have covered some of the nefarious uses of WebRTC and look out for it before. After reading a blog post on this topic covering some allegedly new unaddressed issues a week ago I decided to ignore it after some discussion on the mozilla IRC channel. But this has some up on a the twitter-sphere again and Tsahi said ‘ouch’, here are my thoughts.
The blog post (available here) makes a number of claims about how certain Chrome behavior makes fingerprinting easier: