- How Zoom’s web client avoids using WebRTC (DataChannel Update)
- Computer Vision on the Web with WebRTC and TensorFlow
- Open Source Cloud Gaming with WebRTC
- Guide to WebRTC with Safari in the Wild (Chad Phillips)
- Using getDisplayMedia for local recording with audio on Jitsi
- An Intro to WebRTC’s NAT/Firewall Problem
- True End-to-End Encryption with WebRTC Insertable Streams
webrtcH4cKS: ~ Finding the Warts in WebAssembly+WebRTC
A while ago we looked at how Zoom was avoiding WebRTC by using WebAssembly to ship their own audio and video codecs instead of using the ones built into the browser’s WebRTC. I found an interesting branch in Google’s main (and sadly mostly abandoned) WebRTC sample application apprtc this past January. The branch is named wartc… a name which is going to stick as warts!
The repo contains a number of experiments related to compiling the webrtc.org library as WebAssembly and evaluating the performance. From the rapid timeline, this looks to have been a hackathon project. ...