- Anatomy of a WebRTC SDP
- WebRTC Externals – the cross-browser WebRTC debug extension
- An Intro to WebRTC’s NAT/Firewall Problem
- Developing mobile WebRTC hybrid applications
- How to Figure Out WebRTC Camera Resolutions
- Build your own phone company with WebRTC and a weekend
- Reeling in Safari on WebRTC – A Closer Look at What’s Supported
webrtcH4cKS: ~ Optimizing video quality using Simulcast (Oscar Divorra)
Dealing with multi-party video infrastructure can be pretty daunting. The good news is the technology, products, and standards to enable economical multiparty video in WebRTC has matured quite a bit in the past few years. One of the key underlying technologies enabling some of this change is called simulcast. Simulcast has been an occasional sub-topic here at webrtcHacks in the past and it is time we gave it more dedicated attention.
To do that we asked Oscar Divorra Escoda, Tokbox’s Senior Media Scientist and Media Cloud Engineering Lead to walk us through it. Tokbox was one of the first to market with a SFU and Oscar shares some of his learnings below.